Mr Ahmad Ibrahim, former Minister for Health and Labour

Mr Ahmad Ibrahim, former Minister for Health and Labour
Mr Ahmad Ibrahim, former Minister for Health and Labour. Jalan Ahmad Ibrahim, Masjid Ahmad Ibrahim, Ahmad Ibrahim Primary School, Ahmad Ibrahim Secondary School were named after him

About Me

My photo
When I first look at the photos of Ahmad Ibrahim (ex-Minister) on page 54 of the book "The Last Kampung Mosque in Singapore - The Extraordinary Story and Legacy of Sembawang", I knew it was wrong. I wrote to the book writer to inform her of the mistake. The book writer, Dr Hadijah claimed that the photos are correct based on the verification from people like Hj Suppien and Kassim Selamat. I 'closed' the case and don't want to pursue the matter. Then, Ahmad Ibrahim's eldest son, Mr Mudzlan Bin Ahmad came and visited me. I showed him the photos and Mr Mudzlan claimed that the photos are NOT of his father. When I write again to Dr Hadijah, she insist the photos are correct. Since the book writer nor the book publisher don't want to acknowledge the mistake, I specially created this blog for the purpose of informing the public of the mistake found in the book "The Last Kampung Mosque in Singapore - The Extraordinary Story and Legacy of Sembawang".

Blog Archive


The Book with mistaken identity of Ahmad Ibrahim

Thursday, July 17, 2008

CORRECT photos of Ahmad Ibrahim, ex-Minister for Health and Labour

Correct pictures of Ahmad Ibrahim, ex-Minister

The above two photos show the correct pictures of Ahmad Ibrahim, ex-Minister for Health and Labour.
The above two photos, I snapped from an album picture which belongs to the family of Ahmad Ibrahim in Penang using my camera. The picture on the right shows some bright spot (shining) due to the flash from my camera which reflected from the album photo. (SPH may have the above right photo but without the bright shining portion).

In fact, these two photos I contributed to the book editorial team to be published in the book. Yes, they did published it but with 'courtesy of SPH'. SPH got the credit for the photos. Not only that, I contributed Ahmad Ibrahim's grave with my son in the picture. That picture with my son in it also with 'courtesy of SPH'. Another photo I contributed (Bidadari grave), also SPH got credited.

Lesson learnt, never easily give out your contributions to the book editorial team. Higher chances others will get the credit.

I did feedback about this SPH is getting the credit (courtesy of SPH) and Mr Mohd Raman Daud from Berita Harian (SPH) replied to me as follows:

"Maaf saya tidak menyemak buku itu sewaktu pembikinan, sekadar buat rencana saja. Begitu juga Encik Guntor, editor saya terlibat sebagai penyokong penggunaan gambar gambar SPH. Saya sesal kesilapan ini berlaku, jika menurut penilaian sdr. Namun jika buku ini tidak dapat dicetak semula kerana kos tinggi, saya syorkan, ia dimuatkan di internet dan diperbetul mana yang salah."

("I am sorry for not checking during the process of making the book. I just write a feature for the book. Same goes to Mr Guntor, my editor who is involved in supporting the use of SPH's photos. I regret this had happen if according to what you had said. However, if this book is not going to be reprint due to high cost, I suggest it is to be published in the internet and make correction to the error.")

Mohd Raman Daud
(Berita Harian)















Click on the above images to read (in Malay) on the topic of SPH gets the credits for my photos contributions.

No comments: