Mr Ahmad Ibrahim, former Minister for Health and Labour

Mr Ahmad Ibrahim, former Minister for Health and Labour
Mr Ahmad Ibrahim, former Minister for Health and Labour. Jalan Ahmad Ibrahim, Masjid Ahmad Ibrahim, Ahmad Ibrahim Primary School, Ahmad Ibrahim Secondary School were named after him

About Me

My photo
When I first look at the photos of Ahmad Ibrahim (ex-Minister) on page 54 of the book "The Last Kampung Mosque in Singapore - The Extraordinary Story and Legacy of Sembawang", I knew it was wrong. I wrote to the book writer to inform her of the mistake. The book writer, Dr Hadijah claimed that the photos are correct based on the verification from people like Hj Suppien and Kassim Selamat. I 'closed' the case and don't want to pursue the matter. Then, Ahmad Ibrahim's eldest son, Mr Mudzlan Bin Ahmad came and visited me. I showed him the photos and Mr Mudzlan claimed that the photos are NOT of his father. When I write again to Dr Hadijah, she insist the photos are correct. Since the book writer nor the book publisher don't want to acknowledge the mistake, I specially created this blog for the purpose of informing the public of the mistake found in the book "The Last Kampung Mosque in Singapore - The Extraordinary Story and Legacy of Sembawang".

Blog Archive


The Book with mistaken identity of Ahmad Ibrahim

Thursday, July 24, 2008

My email to Forum Page of Berita Harian which was unpublished

From: kamal
Subject: Forum Berita Harian
To: "Berita Harian" aadeska@sph.com.sg
Cc: rosliza@sph.com.sg, guntor@sph.com.sg
Date: Wednesday, 11 June, 2008, 3:04 PM

Assalamualaikum wr wb,

With reference to Dr Hadijah (book writer) writings which was published in the Forum Page of Berita Harian on 11 June 2008 with the title “Ahmad Ibrahim’s photo was verified”. Dr Hadijah was referring to my earlier writings.
I feel sad and worried if the community get confused with the different facts. I also wonder which verification is more credible; is it from friend or own son? Older generation like Mr Othman Wok (Ex-Minister) and MM Lee knew Ahmad Ibrahim. Maybe these 2 gentlemen can verify Ahmad Ibrahim’s photo? Dr Hadijah mentioned Mr Eddie Harmer is Ahmad Ibrahim’s friend. Eddie Harmer once mentioned in Berita Harian that he himself felt shocked after learning his friend, Ahmad Ibrahim had become a Minister. Most probably, Eddie Harmer’s friend who is having the same name as Ahmad Ibrahim was not a Minister. I hope this Ahmad Ibrahim (Eddie Harmer’s friend) himself or family members will come forward and reveal the truth. For your info, Ahmad Ibrahim eldest son, Mr Mazlan Bin Ahmad who came to Singapore lately had passed away on 9 June 2008 in KL. He was 56 years old. When his father (Ahmad Ibrahim) died, he was just 10 years old. Mr Mazlan Ahmad did verified to me that the photos of Ahmad Ibrahim in the book (page 54) written by Dr Hadijah is NOT his father.

Salam Takzim,
Kamal Bin Abu Serah

Click on below image to read my mail in Malay to Berita Harian.

No comments: